- Disassemble & inspect all parts for wear, corrosion or other damage, record critical dimensions. Inspection report submitted as required.
- After approval, all components are sandblasted before proceeding with repair.
- Machine OD of cone tapers to accept a ¼” thick s/s cone shaped skin, weld the skin to the worn cast iron cone, cut porting, and machine to size.
- Bolting flange is machined as needed to true mounting surfaces.
- Machine OD of Rotor shrouds to accept S/S rings, weld rings, and machine to OEM dimensions.
- Repair any areas of erosion on rotor vane tips or buckets.
- Pre-machine rotor tapers to accept nickel weld for dimension corrections. Machine tapers to OEM specifications.
- Rotor shaft assembly is checked on all fits for concentricity after shaft is re-installed in rotor.
- Balance rotor as needed.
- Check bearing journals, lip seal areas and packing areas for wear.
- Sleeve needed areas and machine to size.
- Check body end fits and compression areas for size.
- Pre-machine body internals to accept S/S plate, rolled to size, and shroud fit rings, weld rings in place, weld plate to internals, and machine to OEM dimensions.
- Check all critical areas for flatness, concentricity, and size.
- Sleeve bearing bores, or stuffing boxes, and machine to size.
- Weld heads faces that are worn with nickel wire and machine to OEM dimensions.
- Pre-machine head faces to accept S/S plate rolled to fit face, weld all appropriate areas, and attach remainder with s/s countersunk screws.
- Examine all misc parts, bearing caps, packing glands to insure all parts are correct.
- Replace all misc parts with new – bearings, lip seals, piping, check valves, nuts, and bolts, etc.
- Assembly to OEM specifications.